We are an established small and innovative technology company looking for an Office Manager to ensure the day-to-day smooth running of key business operations. Working as an integral part of a dynamic team, the successful candidate will be a team player who thrives on detail and accuracy, enjoys variety, actively seeks improvements and solves problems proactively.
The role is based at our main office: a unique barn conversion located in peaceful countryside equidistant from Aylesbury, Buckingham and Milton Keynes.
- Proactively develop and maintain key business operations and processes using a range of online tools
- Processing customer orders
- Keep customers informed through to sales fulfilment
- Raise dispatch paperwork
- Maintain order records
- Issue invoices and reminders
- Maintaining excellent supplier relations
- Check and enter bills
- Make suppliers aware of our requirements
- Obtain quotes
- Select suppliers for individual order
- Place purchase orders for products and services on a regular or ad-hoc basis
- Stock control
- Dealing with process exceptions (resolve queries, supplier issues, returns)
- Greeting telephone callers and visitors
- Updating price lists
- Ensuring that the office environment remains a pleasant and safe place to work: liaising with contractors, cleaners and landlord, ordering office and cleaning supplies
- Organising, coordinating and planning of in-house, or off-site, events and meetings
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable contributing strongly in a fast paced, small company environment.
- Have proven experience as an Office Manager, a Back Office Manager in a larger organisation, or an Administrative Assistant.
- Have excellent numeracy skills, with a basic understanding of key financial documents relating to sales and purchasing such as invoices, statements, purchase orders and bills.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise work without detailed supervision.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, efficiency and planning skills.
- Have an excellent standard of communication in both written and spoken English.
- Be proficient with common office tools such as Email, Google Apps or MS Office. Experience with Quickbooks is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
Benefits of working with IPCortex
- Happy workplace - we are an informal small company environment where being intelligent and productive are all that matter. No egos and no pointless bureaucracy.
- Good location and environment - we offer a relaxed environment with convenient cycle parking & showers, with ample hassle-free car parking and an uncongested out of town commute in the local area.
- Private medical insurance, pension and childcare vouchers available.
How to apply
Please apply by CV with a covering letter or e-mail to: email@example.com stating "Office Manager application" in the subject line.
We do not currently use employment agents and request that contact about this role is restricted to applicants in person only. We regard any CVs sent to us as direct applications and do not under any circumstances agree to pay fees to any third parties as a result of making an appointment from an unsolicited CV.